AGES Global Gynaecology Scholarship*
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and the restrictions imposed upon international travel the AGES Global Gynaecology Scholarship has been suspended until 2021.
The AGES Global Gynaecology Scholarship
The Australasian Gynaecological Endoscopy and Surgery Society (AGES) is the premier surgical association in Oceania, representing the majority of practising gynaecologists in Australia & New Zealand. The mission of the AGES Society is to promote the safest and highest standards of clinical and minimally invasive surgical care for women through its three tenants of education, surgical training and clinical research. The Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) is an excellent opportunity for obstetric and gynaecological surgeons or specialists in training from low resource settings to engage with modern endoscopic gynaecology.
The AGES Global Gynaecology Scholarship is awarded to up to two recipients annually. This scholarship will be advertised in e-Scope and on the AGES website.
AGES Global Gynaecology invites gynaecologists or gynaecologists in training from low resource settings to apply for a scholarship to the AGES Annual Scientific Meeting. The scholarship covers registration, upto $1500 AUD for airfares, accommodation, and attendance at the Gala Dinner.
- Must come from a low resource setting (residents of Canada, United Sates of America, European Union, United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia or New Zealand are not eligible to apply)
- Must be in active clinical practice in women’s health
- Must be in a position to share ideas for research and practice improvement with local staff and management arising from their experience
- Have good command of both spoken and written English. This requirement must be supported by a short 2-minute video submission with the application introducing yourself. This can be filmed via a smart phone and emailed with the application.
- Be supported by a reference from their local health service
- Apply to present a Free Communication to an international audience at the ASM. You will be required to provide a brief summary of your presentation 45 days prior to the ASM.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and motivation in developing their career in women’s health
The scholarship will fund registration to the ASM, up to 4 nights’ accommodation over the course of the ASM and one ticket to the ASM dinner. AGES will also supply up to $1500 AUD towards airfares for the meeting. The scholarship is not transferable or redeemable.
Applications will open in July and close in September of the year prior to each ASM.
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and the restrictions imposed upon international travel the AGES Global Gynaecology Scholarship will suspended until 2021.
Up to two scholarships will be awarded per year. If no appropriate scholarship applications have been received, the committee reserves the right not to award a scholarship.
AGES Board as directed by the President at the time of the call for scholarships.