The Australasian Gynaecological Endoscopy and Surgery Society (AGES) is the premier surgical association in Oceania, representing the majority of practising gynaecologists in Australia & New Zealand. The mission of the AGES Society is to promote the safest and highest standards of clinical and minimally invasive surgical care for women through its three tenants of education, surgical training and clinical research. The Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) is an excellent opportunity for obstetric and gynaecological surgeons or specialists in training from low resource settings to engage with modern endoscopic gynaecology.
The AGES Global Gynaecology Scholarship is awarded to up to two recipients annually. This scholarship will be advertised in e-Scope and on the AGES website.
Applications close: Friday, 7th September 2018
- Must come from a low resource setting (residents of Canada, United Sates of America, European Union, United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia or New Zealand are not eligible to apply)
- Must be in active clinical practice in women’s health
- Must be in a position to share ideas for research and practice improvement with local staff and management arising from their experience
- Have good command of both spoken and written English
- Be supported by a reference from their local health service
- Apply to present a Free Communication to an international audience at the ASM
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and motivation in developing their career in women’s health
Value: The scholarship will fund registration to the ASM, accommodation over the course of the ASM and one ticket to the ASM dinner. The scholarship is not transferable or redeemable.
Application: Applications will open in July and close in September of the year prior to each ASM.
Availability: Up to two scholarships will be awarded per year. If no appropriate scholarship applications have been received, the committee reserves the right not to award a scholarship.
Adjudication: AGES Board as directed by the President at the time of the call for scholarships.
“AGES Global Gynaecology invites gynaecologists or gynaecologists in training from low resource settings to apply for a scholarship to the AGES Annual Scientific Meeting. The scholarship covers registration, accommodation and attendance at the Gala Dinner”